Be a draping model
Colour analyst training courses are held in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (PEI), Canada.
Models must be available in-person.
Student colour analysts drape 6 models (and themselves as the 7th). Courses are private, with one student per 4-day training session.
Volunteers are appreciated. Please contact me to express your interest, either via the contact form (link below), or by emailing me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
In your email, please include a photograph (no filters, makeup is OK). The photo helps me plan models so that each student sees a variety of colouring types. These photographs are never shared and are deleted from my files once the modeling has taken place, or at any other time upon request.
Once the date is scheduled, I will contact you by e-mail 10-14 days prior to the session to confirm our appointment and share directions to the colour studio.
The colour analysis will take 2.5-3 hours or a bit longer if we discuss cosmetics or hair colour. The model simply sits in front of a mirror while fabrics of various colours are placed across their shoulders. The studio is private, no photographs are taken, information is not shared, and no record is kept of the experience.
Please do not commit to modeling if there is any chance of cancelation beyond unforeseen emergencies. Training courses are tightly scheduled and adding last minute models is extremely challenging. Also, please do not bring children to the modelling session as they may be distracting for the model and student.
Please note that models are contacted according to the following:
- Priority may be given to male models (or women who bring men for the second session of the day), as they may be less available.
- Second priority is given to people who are not likely to belong to the Dark, True, and Bright Winter groups. These Seasons are included in each course, but they tend to volunteer in greater numbers and the waiting list is longer.
- Persons of darker complexion may be contacted sooner for the student to experience diversity of skin tones.
- Members of the same family are a welcome opportunity for the student to see inheritance patterns and people of different ages whose colouring might be similar or extremely different.
- Depending on time of year, models from Prince Edward Island are contacted first when travel conditions are less predictable.
The model receives:
- the complete colour analysis experience and knowledge of their Season (natural colouring), how choose the colours that will be their best now and in the future, and the opportunity to participate and ask questions throughout their colour analysis.
- the opportunity to purchase the colour palette for their Season at 50% discount on the current retail price, (for CN50.00 plus HST PE 15% CN7.50) at the time of modelling or for up to 12 months after. Because availability of the 12 palettes cannot be guaranteed, there may be a brief delay in providing your palette.
Not included in modeling:
- cosmetic application, though we may feature some aspect of cosmetic colour choice, such as choosing a lipstick or lipgloss
- cosmetic list for the Season, but please note that Season-customized cosmetic collections may be found under the Shop tab above
- hair colour consultation, though we may discuss hair if desired by the model
- written information about the Season (available as e-books in the Shop)
- future access to support or advice
- harmonizing the colour palette for the Season with fabric, clothing, or cosmetics will be included with one or two models only to allow time for the topics listed above
- Luxury Drape viewing will be included with one or two models only to allow time for the topics listed above
- time for photographs
If you have an interest in one of the topics listed above, please mention it during our e-mail conversations.
To focus on the student's learning, we may address your specific questions regarding colour or appearance, but once the student has understood the concept, further support may be found in the online groups for your Season.
To feel prepared for our time together, please visit the FAQspage, in particular, What should I wear or bring to the session?