Each set contains a sample of all cosmetic colours and products currently available for a Season.
Samples included in this set:
Lipstick ($2.25 each): Darling Pink, Have Mercy, Maxed Out, Russian, Ruby Ruby, Diva. (Although Cherry Brandy has been d/c, the colour remains among the best for True Winter. Samples are included in the Sample Set while quantities last for you to see the colour and perhaps match it in current retail.)
Lipgloss ($2.25 each):Bijou, So Regal, Now or Never.
5-pan neutral eyeshadow palette ($3.95 each): 5 colours as shown in palette here in the Shop. (Dipdown (#4 in the palette) has been d/c. Ink has been added to the set.)
Eyeshadow accent ($2.25 each): None.
Blush ($2.25 each): Fast Track, Crystal Apple.
Contour ($2.25 each): None.
Highlight($2.25 each): Chillin'.
Within any Season, cosmetics may look slightly different on various women. We all have nuances in our complexions, variations in skin chemistry, and different eye and hair colours, all of which affect the final appearance of colours applied directly to the skin (compared with clothing or jewelry). We also have our own preferences in cosmetic formulations and desired effects. The Sample Set is an an opportunity to try a wide range of options.
What you can do:
1. See visual harmony. What does it look like? The easiest way is to draw the colours in the set on white paper using a cotton swab or cosmetic brush. The colours may vary, yet you can see that they are related to one another and together for a reason.
2. Make good decisions about old and new products. Keep the paper on which you drew your sample colours as a reference for which of your current cosmetic colours to keep and the new ones that will belong easily with the group.
3. Find your preferences. Try out a variety of colours and cosmetic formulations for your Season.
4. Try before you buy. New colours and techniques may be tested without committing to full size product.
5. Imagine the colours in other contexts. You may find a great hair colour idea, a brow powder or contour in an eyeshadow, or a blouse in one of the eyeshadow accent colours. Your colours are your colours for everything you buy. See them in one iteration and recognize them in another.
6. Mix the colours to develop the many beautiful possibilities. You may do this already in eyeshadow designs but it applies equally to all products within a Season, either to adjust a colour or adapt a formulation. One that I use daily is a light base coat of matte lip colour followed with a creamy gloss or clear balm; long-wear and comfort in two easy steps.
Colours may be discontinued by the manufacturer at short notice and may no longer be available in full size versions for purchase. At any time, it may be possible to match the sample with colours available in retail stores.
New colours may arrive at any time. If you liked the colours in your set, chances are that you’ll be pleased with new colours. You might also read product descriptions for the colours set and formulations in your set to become familiar with what to expect from new colours.
Prices are displayed in Canadian dollars. Your bank performs the conversion at checkout. Ships to Canada and the USA. EU clients, click Shipping below.