THE COLOURS (Lipstick, Blush, Lipgloss, Contour) Numbers indicate the closest match in the True Colour International Classic palette books.
Cosmetics will appear slightly differently on women within a Season. As will all makeup, be certain to try the colour before buying.
Last edit: August 14/17.
1. Delicacy (Pearlized Creme) (5.4-5.5) (deep soft rose red, a warm SSu and may be good SA red, for the woman with green, yellow, or soft rust in the eye)
2. Red Heat (Pearlized Creme) (6.4) (warmest and lightest of the three, could be a nice coral for this colouring, silver sheen)
3. Barry (Pearl Creme) (6.4-7.4) (muted cool berry with silver sheen, the best lipstick I know for the blue-eyed Soft Summer)
4. Ruby Slippers (High Gloss) (6.4-6.5) (sheer soft wine, MLBB for sure, just enough presence to define the mouth perfectly, draws no attention to itself beyond that)
5. Liaison (see under True Summer).
1. Flowergirl (High Gloss) (6.3) (may be a good red for cool LSp also) (beautiful natural lip-pink, an MLBB)
2. Come Dancing (Pearl Creme) (6.5) (one beautiful soft red, soft golden shimmer)
1. Supreme (Creme) (2.9, bit redder and more saturated) (goes on as deep violet, within a few minutes becomes the perfect med-dark blued rose)
2. Centre Stage (Matte) (not in the fan, rose petal pink red, can be an excellent red for fairer colourings or those preferring medium darkness colour, or need deepening with Supreme for darker faces)
3. Transcending (High gloss) (7.3) (Summer’s sheer coral pink, light for fair complexions)
4. Flash Bulb (High gloss) (2.9) (sheer blue violet, darker and bluer than Transcending, a perfect daytime lip for those wanting moderate cosmetic presence)
5. Liaison (Matte) (7.4-7.5) (warmer burgundy that doesn’t read too blue, also a good cool option for Soft Summer).
1. Sundancer (High Gloss) (7.4) (light coral, beautiful brightness, fine gold shimmer)
2. My Music (High Shine)( 7.4) (lovely balance of beige, pink, and peach, best on the very fair, may need warming with gloss on certain women)
3. Queen Bee (Matte) (7.5) (warm coral rose, may need warming with gloss on warmer faces)
4. Lola (High Gloss) (7.3) (sheer light salmon) (pretty peach pink that gives a hint of sheer colour)
5. Honey Mandarin from True Spring has been the best choice for many.
6. Lip Love from Bright Spring has been a beautiful red for many Light Springs and is as bright as this Season will wear.
1. Hawaiian Red (High Gloss) (6.4) (bright nectarine red-orange, for some True Spring, “the best red she’s ever worn”; also may be loved as an everyday colour by Bright Spring)
2. Honey Mandarin (High Gloss) (7.1) (clear melon orange, lovely everyday colour)
3. Orange Crush (Pearl Creme) (almost 7.2) (might be a light option for TA also) (clear, slightly coppered orange)
1. Peony (Extreme Shine) (7.5 but lighter) (bright, warm, lively coral pink)
2. Hula Hoop (Matte) (6.5) (saturated clear red orange, gorgeous red, dry formulation that needs balm first or after with a high payoff in comfort, long wear, and no bleeding of colour)
3. Lip Love (High Shine) (7.5) (bright vivid salmon, slightly less bright than Peony)
4. Light A Fire (Creme) (2.9) (the Season’s warm fuchsia, an excellent red lip option without being too intense or red)
1. True Story (Matte) (6.2) (full coverage dark warm red, cooler and darker than DA’s Red Hollyhock, bit warmer than True Brit and pinker)
2. Russian (Creme) (5.1-6.1) (cool coral red, looks more orange indoors, warm pink-red in daylight, nice coral for DW, gorgeous for pulling out eye colours)
3. True Brit (Creme), between 6.2 and 6.3 (slightly smoked true red, a very natural red lip for most Dark Winters)
4. Blackberry (Creme) (6.4) (red-violet for DW, looks dark in the tube but wears as a beautiful medium berry on many women)
5. Ruby Ruby (Matte) (6.1) (beautiful red, bright enough to be lively on DW colouring and stays that way in evening lighting, very good on young faces, slight bronzed sheen)
1. Darling Pink (High Gloss) (3.9) (beautiful clear violet-fuchsia pink, very natural, can be a bit candy on light or high contrast faces, works as MLBB on many Bright Winters)
2. Have Mercy (Creme) (4.8 – 4.9) (purpley pomegranate, incredibly gorgeous and sophisticated way to define the entire face)
3. Cherry Brandy (Matte) (coolest darkest on Sci/ART fan, 5.5 but cooler) (cranberry red, may work on all Winters)
1. Red Amaryllis (Creme) (6.4) (bright pink red, can be normal and excellent red on some women, too dark and rusty on others; also a good bright option for some Dark Winters)
2. Violet Cerise (Matte) (6.2-6.3) (for a cautious BW) (barely softened pink-red, similar to Light Summer’s DelRioRose but bluer, very easy normal lips on this face, may be bright at first but settles into gorgeous coral, adapts to any clothing colour)
3. Scintillate (Creme) (6.2) (clear vivid fuchsia pink, the most candy of the group and yet the one many women feel best with)
4. Marilyn (Matte) (BW 5.2) (vivid red coral, can work as a red on Bright Spring; too warm for many on its own, can be adjusted with glosses below)
5. Superstar (Matte) (7.1) (cool, strong fuchsia-red)
1. Smudge (High Gloss) (for all Autumn, about 3.8 in True Autumn book, could be a good dark on Soft A at 3.9-3.10) (sheer and build-able warm brick red)
2. Red Hollyhock (Creme) (bit cooler than 2.7, bright red-orange on me, could try also on TA) (warm soft red)
3. The Same Soul (Creme) (7.4) (spicy dark russet)
4. Flame (Pearl Creme) (3.7-3.8, quite metallic) (very metallic, great for a posh evening look, can appear red/copper/brown with movement and light)
1. Carnelian (Creme) (7.3 in DA book, could do both) (absolutely perfect warm coral rust, medium dark and medium saturation on the face though tube colour appears darker)
2. Grown Up (Creme) (might do both TA (more sat than 2.7) and Tsp (7.4), also should be tried by warm Soft Autumns) (rich coral rose, lightest that a TA would wear, good option for a brighter summer colour)
3. Copper Sunset (Pearl Creme) (TA 2.7)) (coppery rich orange terracotta, adds great brightness to an Autumn face, beautiful with the greens in the eyes, can be too orange for some faces)
1. Gorgeous (Creme) (2.8) (pearlescent mocha rose)
2. Fascination (Pearl Creme) (SA 2.7) (gingered apricot with golden sheen)
3. Daydream (Creme) (SA 7.4) (warm terracotta)
4. Rum n Raisin (Creme) (2.10) (natural but deeper lip colour)
5. Ambrette (High Gloss) (3.9) (easy, sheer, natural lip colour, works on most women with no adjustments needed) 6. Baton Rouge (High Gloss) (7.3) (as natural as Ambrette and slightly more pigmented)
1. Playful (6.2) (medium pink, excellent colour, may too light for some, better on all faces with Matte Contour #4)
2. Cheeky (5.2) (excellent neutral medium pink, warmer than Playful at a similar darkness level)
Matte Contour #4: In Spring’s type of light, highlights are rational. In Autumn light, lowlights make sense. Bronzer can work as lowlight/contour on the warm Autumns but traditional bronzer can add too much orange, yellow, or red. A cool taupe is ideal. This colour is outstanding to define the bones, elevate eye colour, and melts perfectly with Playful to create beautiful skin and eye colour.
1. Orchidee (6.3) (pink with coral-peach added, fine gold shimmer)
1. Watered Silk (TSu 2.7) (medium pink for TSu; a nice light option for TW who doesn’t want red) (True Summer is a violet person, not a red one like Winter. This blush is much improved by swirling with Blue Fuchsia below to achieve the desired darkness level for each woman.)
2. Angel Wings (TSu 7.1) (soft, cool, light pink to lighten any Summer colour, workable alone on TSu and LSu, and to adjust all Winter and Summer colours; visible medium silver shimmer)
3. Blue Fuchsia (approx. TSu 2.8-2.9/ TW 4.8) (although very blue and dark looking, once on the face, it becomes a beautiful purple violet, quite stunning; excellent mixed with Angel Wings or Watered Silk to create True Summer fuchsia in a watercolour effect)
1. Unsung (7.3-7.4) (pretty apricot pink)
1. Expert (7.4) (ripe cantaloupe)
1. This One Day (7.4-7.5) (bright warm coral)
1. Bulgarian Rose (6.4) (smoked deep berry)
1. Crystal Apple (4.5, a bit bluer and clearer) (excellent blued true red, great for olive skin or brown eyes)
2. Fast Track (TW 4.7) (red pink, excellent basic blush, especially if eyes are blue)
1. Enchantment (6.3-6.4) (Bright Winter clear red, lovely alone or swirled with a wash of Pink Boost)
2. Crystal Apple from True Winter.
1. Baha (bit cooler than DA 7.3) (warm red rust, a bit brighter than Boutique, for those near Dark Winter)
2. Boutique (softer than 2.8) (bronzed rose, too red for True Autumn, warmer, lighter, and softer than Baha above)
1. Tiger Lily (2.8) (matte orange brown with trace of coral-red, supremely nice colour.)
1. Ease (2.7-2.8) (right in the centre of the Season, warm muted rose, the colour I would have made myself for this Season)
Matte Contour #5: much like Contour #4 for cool-neutrals, this is a perfect colour to add some sun and definition to Soft Autumn colouring, allowing the blush to do much more than it could on its own.
Various to brighten and add cool or warm.
1. Pink Boost(TW 3.8) (candy pink to lighten and energize BW, TW, and BSp)
2. Blood Orange (very vivid red-orange, can excite DA, BSp, and even the 3 Winters to create their red-corals)
Though this product is generally well pigmented and not oily, some colours more sheer than others, lip gloss will serve several Seasons more than lipsticks because its transparency allows more influence from individual pigmentation.
1. Fly Away (creme lip glaze) (6.4-7.4) (soft wine, normal and excellent on this face.)
2. Killer Heels from Soft Autumn for warmer faces.
1. Party Dress (7.4) (sparkle) (pretty vivacious red)
2. Charmed (5.4) (creme) (watermelon pink)
1. Lavender (2.8) (creme) (pale violet, very muted to the point of being too gray on its own; since the colour is truly cool, it has excellent potential for muting Winter colours just enough or reducing the intensity and comfort of matte applications)
2. Upgrade (2.7) (sparkle) (silvery shimmer-sparkle, ballet pink)
3. Origami (TW 2.8-3.7) (creme) (light pink for the woman who prefers light pink lips; might be opaque and/or candy for some alone but excellent to wear with darker lipsticks)
1. Picnic (7.4) (shimmer) (light warm coral pink)
2. Sorbet (7.3-7.4) (creme) (nectarine with high transparency)
3. LouLou (7.2) (beige pink, gold shimmer)
1. Daiquiri (intense yellow-orange, not in palette, can also work for BSp)
2. Optimist (4.2) (warm beige with golden sugar shimmer, can lighten and warm any Spring lip product and moisturize the matte lipsticks)
1. Brilliant (6.5) (creme) (excellent red-orange, high clarity and transparency)
1. Now or Never (3.9) (shimmer) (pink fuchsia, makes a great everyday gloss on Bright Winter, more subdued than their Juliet)
2. Bijou (3.8-3.9) (creme) (gorgeous violet pink with bit of sparkle, best of the 4 on my medium-dark daughter)
3. So Regal (4.8) (creme) (cool red purple, lips are visible but not excessive)
1. Black Dahlia (6.2) (creme) (dark grape that applies as medium smoked berry, very nice with enough pigment, and not too much darkness)
1. Juliet (6.3-6.4) (creme) (great clear red, all agree this is outstanding on this colouring as a maraschino red; TW’s Now or Never is a great and less candy option that many wear every day)
1. Black Cherry (7.4) (creme) (cherry chocolate, excellent colour)
2. Killer Heels from Soft Autumn.
3. Spice Cake from True Autumn, beautiful alone or to add glamour to lipstick.
1. Spice Cake (7.5) (sparkle) (warm orange brown, could be an excellent accent on all Autumn lips)
1. Sweet Escape (2.7) (shimmer-sparkle) (light nude beige pink)
2. Love Again (2.8, might be ok for SSu too) (creme) (nude with more darkness and opacity than Sweet Escape)
3. Killer Heels (7.5) (quite sparkly mauve-rust)
EYEBROW DUOS (POWDER+WAX) and POWDER SINGLES A dual pan powder and wax with lovely and effective little tools in an excellent colour range that recognizes brows to be more ash, green, or otherwise different from hair colour. There is not a colour miss in the lot. Of the approx. 10 available colours, we have 6 to begin with lots of variety to add, should you want something warmer, more ginger, darker, etc.
1. Ash Brown (cool-neutral medium ash brown)
2. Cool Brown (medium brown with some yellow green tones, very good for fair to medium Winter and Spring types)
3. Black Brown (excellent cool brown for brows that are very dark but not blue black)
4. Dark Brunette (for the darkest brown, an Oreo cookie type brown for cool and cool-neutral brows)
5. Blonde (very fair, for those where only slight brow presence or definition is desired)
6. Deep Brown (warmer brown, moderately dark)
7. Golden Brown (medium warm brown, works well for many Soft Seasons and to warm cooler brow colours slightly for better continuity with hair colours).
THE PICTURES Please know that the colours have been altered by photography and software, as colours always are. You can get approximate ideas of darkness and relative warmth/coolness from the images below. Have a look at some of the excellent photos at Cate Linden’s Store for better versions of these products.